How to Embed Aboriginal Perspectives TPL provides constructive strategies for educators to Imbed Aboriginal Perspectives into the classroom and/or service, as well as become more comfortable in implementing authentic Aboriginal content into lesson plans. Content will be facilitated by a Speaking in Colour Education Consultant and teachers will leave the session feeling more equipped to source authentic resources, reach out to community for knowledge, and brainstorm lesson ideas linked to assessable outcomes across multiple syllabi and stages. Teachers will receive SIC merchandise for participating in this course.
- gain better understanding on Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander people
- understand why we need to imbed cultural content into our classrooms
- have increased understanding on how the Close the Gap Policy relates to their classroom
- build confidence to Imbed new understandings of Aboriginal culture into their teaching toolbox and enables the content to be authentic and engaging for students
- have increased cultural capacity and confidence to Imbed Aboriginal perspectives across key learning areas
- access localised content, which will in turn underpin the core values of Aboriginal Education, including supporting teachers to implement Aboriginal perspectives and improve student learning.
- be able to address and understand the barriers for children, educators, families, and management in improving learning for Aboriginal students
- learn how to implement strategies on finding reliable and valid resources
- understand the role of cultural revitalisation, its impact in the modern world in localised settings
- explore and plan how this knowledge can be incorporated into your pedagogical practice at services or schools.
School/service bookings at your location: If you would like to book a session just for your school, service or team, please contact the Speaking in Colour office for a personalised quote. These sessions are a 15 person minimum and travel fees may apply depending on location.