The history gives participants a chance to develop a greater understanding of a wide range of Aboriginal traditions while providing them with the materials and guidance they need to experience a cultural activity.
We will be covering the foundations of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander history in Australia and one cultural activity.
Interwoven with personal narratives the morning session covers a wide range of topics to help the participant have a greater understanding and empathy of where we are at today.
While the afternoon allows for greater discussion, and a cultural hand on experience. Some clients have used this time to brainstorm their RAP’s actions and objectives.
Clients have the opportunity to nominate three objectives they wish to achieve as a result of this training.
Topics included in this presentation include:
- cultural practices prior to European contact
- rebutting some of the myths around the time of early colonial contact
- the policies and practices, which have directly affected Aboriginal people
- how to be an agent for change
- how cultural revival is sweeping the nation and its role.
Included in your package:
- a pre workshop email with home-work
- two presenters
- evaluations data collated and presented in a report
- certificate for each individual and
- a where to from here PDF for further reading, viewing and exploring and a two hour cultural immersion session.
Cancellations: A cancellation fee of 50% of the cost will apply where less than three weeks’ notice is given. However, 100% of the cost will be charged where less than one week’s notice is given. Please sign and return to confirm your booking, we look forward to working with you.
*Please note: Your booking will only be held for 7 days as your days are not confirmed until this signed confirmation letter is returned