This NESA accredited course is designed for educators in the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF). It includes an online course open to participants for six months with additional enrolment in two one hour mentoring sessions with Aboriginal Specialist Teachers. Mentoring session dates will be published upon enrolment in the course. Teachers have access to lesson ideas linked to both Early Years Learning Framework and OOSH Framework and will receive Speaking in Colour merchandise for participating in this course.
- Build relationships with their local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community
- Learn about the Aboriginal Country they live and work on and how to create an Acknowledgement of Country
- Learn the significance of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander flags
- Understand the CTG Policy (with localised data) and Premier’s Priorities to translate policy into practice
- Understand the role of cultural revitalisation, its impact in the modern world in localised settings, specifically Possum Skin Cloaks
- Improve understanding of Aboriginal pedagogy and explore explicit links to syllabus outcomes with programming opportunities
- Understand Reconciliation Action Plans and how to create one.
Completing Aboriginal Pedagogy in EYLF will contribute 11 hours and 30 minutes of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Accredited professional development in the priority area of Aboriginal education and supporting Aboriginal students/children addressing standard descriptors 1.4.2 & 2.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
- Teachers attending this session must provide their NESA Teacher Accreditation number to Speaking in Colour to have their hours logged with ETAMs.
- Teachers must attend for the duration of the session to receive the NESA Hours. Speaking in Colour will be keeping records of attendance and participation during the session.