Session 1: 9:30am- 12:30noon This course has been designed to provide an understanding of the historical impacts and complexities surrounding Aboriginal people and culture.
Educators are taken through a journey covering topics such as:
- Who are the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people?
- What was Traditional lifestyle like? What evidence is around, including resources to explore further?
- Rebutting the early Colonial myths
- Historical timeline game.
- Where to now? Exploring the current political climate
- Exploring the cultural revival movements and their role in 21stcentury educational institutions.
This session concludes with a look at various educational resources and support available for Educators.
Session 2 1- 3:30pm Aboriginal weaving, each participant will have the opportunity to learn about Aboriginal weaving and make two products to take home.
Completing Cultural Capacity Training will contribute 5.5 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 1.3.2, 2.4.2, & 6.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Prefer a workshop especially for your group?
Did you know we can come to you? Ask for a quote here:QUOTE FOR MY GROUP