Cost: Whole day training $255 pp (includes catered lunch), Session one $ 140pp, Session two $110pp. (for one session only contact email@example.com)
Session One: This course has been designed to provide an understanding of the historical impacts and complexities surrounding Aboriginal people and culture.
Participants are taken through a journey covering topics such as:
- Who are the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people?
- What was Traditional lifestyle like? What evidence is around, including resources to explore further?
- Rebutting the early Colonial myths
- Historical timeline game.
- Where to now? Exploring the current political climate
- Exploring the cultural revival movements and their role in 21st century educational institutions.
- This session concludes with a look at various educational resources and support available for Educators.
Session two: Interwoven (Aboriginal weaving)
This is a practical based session, designed to provide an understanding of Aboriginal weaving, the purpose, process and various techniques.
For non-educators, this session is an opportunity to participate in a cultural experience while reflecting and discussing the mornings content. This session will give provide insight and better understanding of Aboriginal cultural practices. Participants will have the opportunity to make a Wearable art work and small bowl.
While educators will have the opportunity to learn 4 processes and make examples to take back into their services. We explore how this content is appropriate and demonstrate how these activities and knowledges can be connected into your day to day curriculum, within the framework of the Australian curriculum.
FOR THE EDUCATORS ATTENDING: Completing Cultural Capacity Training will contribute 6 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 1.3.2, 2.4.2, & 6.3.2 & 1.1.2, 2.2.2 & 6.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintain Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW
Session Two only: Completing Interwoven (Aboriginal Weaving) training will contribute 3hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 1.1.2, 2.2.2 & 6.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Prefer a workshop especially for your group?
Did you know we can come to you? Ask for a quote here:QUOTE FOR MY GROUP