Cost: Whole day training $255 pp (includes catered lunch), Session one $ 140pp, Session two $110pp. (for one session only contact email@example.com)
Session One: This course has been designed to provide an understanding of the historical impacts and complexities surrounding Aboriginal people and culture.
Participants are taken through a journey covering topics such as:
- Who are the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people?
- What was Traditional lifestyle like? What evidence is around, including resources to explore further?
- Rebutting the early Colonial myths
- Historical timeline game.
- Where to now? Exploring the current political climate
- Exploring the cultural revival movements and their role in 21st century educational institutions.
- This session concludes with a look at various educational resources and support available for Educators.
Session two: Aboriginal weaving
This is a practical based session, designed to provide an understanding of Aboriginal weaving, the purpose, process and various techniques.
This session is an opportunity to participate in a cultural experience while reflecting and discussing the mornings content. This session will give provide insight and better understanding of Aboriginal cultural practices. Participants will have the opportunity to make a Wearable art work and small bowl.
FOR THE EDUCATORS ATTENDING: Completing Cultural Capacity Training will contribute 6 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 1.3.2, 2.4.2, & 6.3.2 & 1.1.2, 2.2.2 & 6.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintain Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW
Session Two only: Completing Interwoven (Aboriginal Weaving) training will contribute 3hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 1.1.2, 2.2.2 & 6.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Note: Confirmation of booking can be made register via firstname.lastname@example.org with a valid Purchase order number.
Prefer a workshop especially for your group?
Did you know we can come to you? Ask for a quote here:QUOTE FOR MY GROUP