The NSW Government is pleased to announce an opportunity for Early Childhood Education Services in the Newcastle, Central Coast, New England and North West regions to participate in the Deadly Teachers Solid Jarjums program.
Deadly Teachers Solid Jarjums has been developed to assist the sector in providing quality, culturally inclusive early childhood education environments that support and expand on the strengths of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children.
This initiative is being delivered by Speaking in Colour and is funded by the NSW Department of Education. To participate, please complete the expression of interest form by Monday 23 March 2020. Please note that the number of places is limited and it may not be possible to accommodate all those interested.
By participating in this program, services will be enabled to:
• Support the educational outcomes of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and improve their learning environments.
• Increase the capacity of early childhood educators to provide best practice approaches in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children.
• Receive support in building positive relationships with their local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
The program has the capacity to engage up to 20 services. Participants will be identified by an EOI process. The program will require a commitment over several months and will include:
• Two full training days (9am to 4pm)
• Two localised pedagogy and cultural knowledge sessions delivered after hours (6pm to 9pm) Services can also participate in three face-to-face mentoring sessions (up to two hours each) and two networking days with the local community to establish connections. Participation in the program will count towards several hours of NESA registered Teacher Accredited hours.
Locations Sessions are available at:
• Central Coast
All session dates, including mentoring and networking opportunities, will be identified in consultation with the services as the program progresses.
How to get involved Applicants can apply to participate in the Deadly Teachers Solid Jarjums program by completing the expression of interest form by Wednesday 23 March 2020.
For further information about the program please visit the Speaking in Colour website or contact:
Cherie Johnson, Managing Director
P: 1300 346 064